Tuesday, October 11, 2011

5 and 1/2 Minute Hallway/Introduction

I live at the end of a 5 and 1/2 minute hallway
But as far as I can see you are still miles from me
In your doorway

And oh by the way
When the landlord came today
He measured everything
I knew he'd get it wrong
But I just played along
'Cause I was hoping that would fix it all

But there's only so far I can go
When you're living in a hallway that keeps growing
I think to myself
5 more minutes and I'll be there

Inside your door
But there's more to this story
Than I have exposed
There are words made of letters
Unwritten
And yes I forgive you
For leading me on

You can think of it like this
When you can't resist
I'm in your hallway standing on a cliff
And just when I think I've found the trick
I'm tumbling
Like an echo

'Cause theres only so far I can go
When you're living in a hallway that keeps growing
I think to myself
30 seconds and I'll be there

Daughter:
You never listen to me

Father:
We cannot really experiment with love as freely as we wish
It is really a much more complicated topic 


~ Poe "5 and 1/2 Minute Hallway" from the album Haunted


As this is my first blog post, I suppose now would be the right time to state that I do not own the rights to the song "5 and 1/2 Minute Hallway", nor any affiliated information pertaining to said song. I look at the 5 and 1/2 Minute Hallway as the space for me to express my rants as a shopgrrrl, my "Single Girl's Guide to Riding Public Transportation", and any and all other ideas that I feel the need to put out into the ether. 


To quote another singer, Sierra Swan:


I'm  a mess 
I'm a fool
I'm a little bit cruel
I'm a liar 
And I'm a thief 
And a little bit weak.  


You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment