Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cannibalistic Cereal and Why I Should Never Google Myself

In my last post, I talked about how I was watching a lot of TV lately and not doing a lot of writing, but I finally broke out of my writer's block and calmed down with the TV. However, what I realized from watching many hours of TV was that apparently there is a trend for cannibalistic cereal in commercials. Both Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Krave have these weird commercials where the cereal characters are eating each other, and it's no big deal. I don't know why the advertising team for both General Mills and Kellogg's thought that the cannibalistic cereal angle was the best way to go for their products. I think it's mildly terrifying and doesn't persuade me to go get either cereal.

Even Don Draper doesn't have an answer for this.

Now another thing that has stumped me lately are the hits that come up when I Google myself. Everyone has Googled themselves at some point or another, and if you haven't, you're lying. Recently, during a late night when I had a major case of jet lag, I decided it would be a good idea to see what would pop up when I did this. Surprisingly, the first thing that came up was my LinkedIn profile. Which I forgot that I had created. So it was something that was really about me, and not something goofy like one of the other options that appeared further down on the list, like this. For the most part, the top hits were things that are connected to me, like my old high school basketball stats, some articles that I wrote and that are about me, and then the list apparently had a meltdown and thought that my last name has an O in it and not an A, and it takes a turn into la-la land. If you're looking for something to do, scroll through several pages of a Google search for yourself and see what you can find. But remember, like most things found on the Internet, once you see them, it's really hard to unsee them. 

Also, for some reason, when I Google image search myself, this picture shows up. 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment