Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Break(age)


So my two best friends showed up in Boston this weekend to visit me, and as we walked around and I showed them the city, I couldn't help but think about how much we've all changed since we met.

I've known these two since we were eighteen, which seems like such a long time ago. I guess, in retrospect we've not changed too much, considering that we're still friends, and that we've survived undergrad, that we all moved to and from opposite ends of the States, multiple years of grad school between us, and various other things - bad haircuts, bizarre clothing choices, questionable relationships, etc. But through it all, and no matter where we were, or where we were going, we've managed to keep in touch, and I love these girls like family.

This weekend helped to reinforce that (though it didn't need any reinforcing), and as I said before, we have all changed since we first met. One of my friends, in fact, said something along the lines, of "How did we all met? How did we all have this similar sense of humor to *enter inside joke here that I will not insert, as my readers will not understand it* and find each other?" We had to sit and think about that for a moment, because we actually couldn't remember the specifics off-hand, but what it comes down to is that we were meant to meet, in whatever circumstances that it was or would have been, and for that, I'm grateful that we did find each other and that we are still friends. 

1 comment: